Posted Under: Beauty
Hair extensions are a great option for individuals looking to change up their look or lengthen their hair. It is important to remember that hair extensions are a high maintenance product and require certain care and upkeep in order to keep them looking healthy and natural.
If you have human hair extensions, follow these guidelines to avoid damage and extend the life of your hair extensions:
- Be gentle with your hair extensions. Brushing extensions too roughly can cause damage to the hair or cause the hair to fall out.
- Brush hair frequently, around three or four times a day, to avoid matting and tangling. Always brush hair before and after washing.
- Only wash hair extensions twice a week at a maximum to avoid drying out the extension. Always use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Avoid shampooing your hair in a circular motion which can cause tangling.
- Human hair extensions can be styled using any heat-styling tools in the same way as real hair. Remember to use a heat protectant before using a blow dryer, flat iron, or curling iron on your hair to reduce the risk of heat damage.
- To dry hair, squeeze out excess water and air dry or blow dry on a low heat setting. Do not towel rub or twist the hair to dry which can cause matting.
- Never sleep on wet extensions. Dry hair completely and wear hair in a loose braid to bed.
“With the proper care and maintenance you can extend the life of your hair and keep your extensions looking long and beautiful,” said an Opulence, Inc. representative.